Parts of the Computer
Week One- Introduction to the computer lab
Week Two- Review Mouse Nagivation & Review Computer Terms
Week Three- Review Computer Terms & Begin Mouse Navigation
Introduction to Keyboarding
Students will learn basic keyboarding skills:
hour of code
Click Here for ALL of the coding activities.
Build a Snowman
Build a Gingerbread House
Build a Christmas Tree
Build a House
Building a House
Build a Car
Building a Car
hiking around safely
Going Places Safely
- Students will learning safety rules about going on the Internet.
- Students will practice typing in website addresses.
- Students will go on virtual field trips to the San Diego Zoo & the Solar System
Students search for pictures online by clicking on letters of the alphabet. They learn that directory sites with alphabetical listings offer one way to find things on the Internet. After observing a search as a class, students are assigned letters of the alphabet and perform their own searches on a children’s directory site. Using the Our Picture Dictionary Student Handout, students select and print out pictures to create their own picture dictionary for the classroom.
coding for kids
Coding For Kids- Kodable
- Primary Coding
- Basics of Computer Programming
- Students will be using the Nexus 7 tablets in the classrooms due to NWEA testing in the computer lab.
- They will be using apps such as Paint & Kids Math.
- Ask your child what they created on the tablets in class this week!
- MS Paint
- Extra Activities:
How to draw a monkey face